High performance virus production can be a challenge for your research and vaccine production requirements. Whether you are using mammalian cell lines or other virus production systems, the need for consistent and high yielding cultures is a top priority.Many cell lines used for live virus production and vaccines, such as Vero and HEK 293, can be difficult to culture. This makes it difficult to consistently produce a high live virus titre. The challenges continually addressed include:
- Poor host cell growth
- Increased host cell apoptosis
- Poor cell adherence to microcarriers
- Low viral yield and inadequate live virus production
- Lack of performance from chemically-defined media
- Inconsistent cell performance and viral yield between lots
InVitria’s scientists have developed new animal-free media additives that perform well when replacing animal components or as performance enhancing additives for chemically-defined media in a viral vaccine production system. Cellastim, InVitria’s recombinant human albumin, consistently improves cell line growth and live virus titre while maintaining a chemically-defined media.
The superior cell culture media supplements offered by InVitria:
- Maximize growth of many mammalian cell lines, including Vero and HEK 293
- Increase host cell adherence to microcarriers
- Optimize live virus production and live virus titre
- Increase cell viability and density while stabilizing the virus
- Are chemically-defined and well-characterized supplements
- Ensure lot-to-lot consistency
- Are free of animal or blood derivatives, such as bovine serum albumin (BSA)
Recombinant human albumin – Allows for efficient infection of cells, propagation and live virus production. Boosting productivity while reducing apoptosis
Recombinant human transferrin – Animal Free and defined source of transferrin for optimal cell growth and productivity.
Recombinant insulin and transferrin cell culture media supplement formulated with selenium and ethanolamine for improved cell growth and productivity. Animal component free.